Opening a veterinary clinic is an important step, and certainly it is not that simple. There are many factors to consider, especially with regard to the design and placement of the furniture in the clinic. However, if supported by industry professionals like us, the process will be much less difficult. We at Lory Progetti Veterinari know how to meet the needs of your furry and feathered patients, especially by providing you with the necessary equipment to start your new business.
With this article we aim at giving you some advice and information on how to furnish your veterinary clinic, whether generic or specialized, so as to make it hygienic, professional and above all comfortable for our animal friends and their owners. You will also find all the characteristics of our products in our Catalogue, where there are all the necessary tools and furnishings for veterinarians.
Top-quality equipment and facilities: the key elements for furnishing a veterinary clinic
In order to perform a professional activity, every clinic needs all the necessary furnishing, facilities and tools specifically designed for taking care of animals’ health.
Veterinary clinics shall ensure that animals receive vaccines and the appropriate treatments to their medical condition to live a long and healthy life. People who are properly certified and empathetic are the most suitable to start this type of business. Once, you have taken a decision, you need to find the premises suitable for your veterinary clinic and figure out how to equip it properly.
Spaces should be divided in functionally independent rooms dedicated, respectively, to the waiting of patients and their carers, the provision of treatment and the performing of surgery, and sanitary facilities. Even in cases where regulations do not clearly specify which materials can be used to furnish veterinary clinics, it is worth employing those that are moisture-resistant, insensitive to chemical agents, smooth and easy to clean. These requirements are met, for example, by glazed ceramic tiles, certain types of stoneware, and PVC floor coverings.
As for veterinary clinics’ furniture, it should be hung on the wall or placed on the legs, allowing easy cleaning even on the underside. As you will probably need to keep medicines inside the clinic, you should place them in a locker to minimize the risk of accidental intake of the wrong dosage or prescriptions. It is also convenient to have a practical refrigerator for the drugs usually needed by the clinic.
Veterinary clinics should be designed in such a way that there is only strictly necessary furniture in the recovery, treatment, and operating rooms. By limiting the amount of furniture, the space available will increase, and it will be easier to keep it spotlessly clean.
In the next section, we will describe most of the things you need to furnish your veterinary clinic in a functional way.
The tools needed to optimally furnish your veterinary clinic
In order to furnish your veterinary clinic in the best possible way, you will need:
- Examination tables: the most classic versions are made in Stainless Steel and have a worktop with a drain and drip tray. Some are fixed, while others are equipped with four wheels, two with brake. There is also a foldable examination table, which can be closed completely, to maximize clinic space.
- Pre-surgical tubs: different versions are available and some of them can be customized according to your needs to furnish your veterinary clinic. All our pre-surgical tubs have a seamless bowl for total disinfection and are fitted with pull-out spray mixer. Some have a frame unit made of stainless steel with sliding doors.
- Anaesthesia systems: Lory Progetti Veterinari has several different models available, such as tabletop anaesthetic unit stands, equipped tabletop anaesthetic units, anaesthesia wall bars, single drawer anaesthesia trolleys. They can include a single-gas-cartridge flowmeter set, bypass with bayonet fixture, 2l re-breathing bag, TEC3 new vaporizer, gas evacuation tube, and patient tube with anaesthesia balloon.
- Surgery electric and hydraulic tables: some move vertically working with two-control pedal that allows to modify the height and are complete with a liquid drain tray. Some other have a special lateral movement allowing the veterinarian to put the patient in the correct operating structure. These versions are equipped with lateral orthopaedics bars and can carry out three movements: electric ascent and descent, manual lateral tilting, and electric Trendelenburg.
- Laparoscopic cradles: new helpful tools for mini-invasive surgery. The central flare allows lateral use of needles and surgical instruments without difficulties and impediments. The cradle’s rounded shape allows the veterinarian to easily rotate the patient and its drainage slot guarantees the draining of liquids. Laparoscopic cradles can be used both for laparoscopy and radiography, as they are made of radiolucent material. They are key elements to furnish your veterinary clinic.
- Recovery cages: Lory Progetti Veterinari has several different versions available, which are equipped with an ergonomically grooved opening system allowing an easy use even if the operator is unable to use their hands. Among the important features of our recovery cages are the lower edge for liquid containment and cages’ partitions, easily insertable and removable. Partition’s material absorbs vibrations and consequently reduces noise, reducing stress of the hosted patient.
Perfectly designing and furnishing your veterinary clinic is paramount
The design of the spaces inside veterinary clinics and the choice of furnishing and equipment’s features are strictly related to veterinarians’ needs and purposes. Only after they have figured out the main characteristics of their clinics and their key elements, it will be possible to choose the necessary furniture, facilities, and tools, in order to meet both their practical and aesthetic needs. Typically, veterinary clinics leave little room for interior décor, which can be placed in the waiting room and the reception area.
In this article, we have outlined the main facilities and equipment you will need to furnish your veterinary clinic. To be able to treat and take care of animals in the best possible way, you should always rely on experienced suppliers such as Lory Progetti Veterinari, who know exactly what to suggest to you depending on the context.
If you have already thought about how to make your veterinary clinic welcoming and are looking for the right furniture, in our catalogue you will find everything you need for you and your patients. Do not hesitate to visit the professional clinic furnishing page on our website and contact us for a quote: we will be at your disposal.